Oils are good for everything, be it for hair, skin, or overall health. They nourish hair and skin from within and are natural and chemical free!
Among all the oil in the market, the most popular oil amongst people is coconut oil. Well its not much of a shock for us to know that because we already know that it is a great remedy for many problems. According to research, coconut has antibacterial, anti-aging, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it all-time favorite remedy for a lot of people amongst us.
Coconut oil is edible oil and thus harmless even if it goes inside your mouth during application. It is extracted from the kernel or meat of matured coconut harvested from the coconut palm. Coconut is not only helpful to skin but it works wonder on the hair also. There are many advantages of coconut oil for hair such as removal of dandruff, improves blood circulation, for frizzy hair and many more.
So without wasting much of our time, let’s discuss How To Use Coconut Oil For Everyday Skincare And Haircare–
Coconut Oil for Skin Care
1.Coconut Oil as a Cleanser and Makeup Remover
Coconut Oil does not only moisture the skin but also used for cleansing. The coconut oil also works great on makeup removal. All you need to do is to put a few drops on cotton and gently wipe your eyes and rest of your face to remove makeup.
- Warm coconut oil in your palm by rubbing your hands.
- Apply the liquefied coconut oil to your dry face.
- Massage it on your face.
- Rinse cotton towel in warm water and then lay the towel over your face for about 30 seconds.
- Wipe off extra coconut oil with cotton pads.
The result will be seen immediately.
2. Coconut Oil for Acne Treatment
Coconut oil works as an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory natural product because of the fatty acid content in it. However, coconut oil helps to minimize the breakouts of acne and also keep the pores dirt free.
In order to use this remedy-
- Make a thin paste of extra virgin coconut oil and baking soda.
- Apply a thin layer of this paste on face.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and wash the face with cold water.
Using regularly will give you effective results.
3. Coconut Oil as Sunscreen
Today we have lots of sunscreen products are available in the market. Perhaps, you have been confused about which product should be used on your face. Are they good to use daily on your skin? The perfect answer would be to try coconut oil, as it matches with all type of skin and is pocket-friendly and natural!
- Add virgin coconut oil with nano zinc oxide and red raspberry.
- You can also add an essential oil like lavender oil or carrot oil as per your requirement.
- Add this paste in a mixer and blend it properly.
- Be careful do not add too much of zinc oxide and red raspberry.
- Once the oil is mixed well pour it in a tight container.
- Apply on face before going out in the sun.
4. Coconut Oil for Oily Skin
Is your skin is too oily? Have too many pimples on face? Pollution has damaged your skin?
You will be surprised by knowing that coconut oil not only nourishes your skin but also control the oil of your skin.
- Add yogurt and lemon juice with extra virgin coconut oil.
- Mix it well.
- Apply the thick coat of this paste on your face. Leave it for 15min.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Use this paste daily for oil control.
5. Coconut Oil for Blackheads
Usually, a blackhead is the long term problem in the skin. It is very difficult to remove blackheads. Coconut acts like a cleanser for nose blackheads. It helps to get rid the dirt and dead skin cells from your pores while helping to brighten your skin instantly.
- Add baking soda with coconut oil to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Use this paste more on blackheads area.
- Gently rub with your fingers on your face in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water and clean it with a cotton towel.
- Use this paste thrice a week, you will get effective result.
Coconut oil for haircare
1.Coconut oil for Dandruff Removal
Dandruff is a common problem of everyone. Coconut is also used for removing dandruff. Coconut oil’s medium-chain fatty acids have strong antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal properties that target the fungus and help to kill it as well as virus and bacteria that may be lurking on your scalp.
- Add coconut oil with lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp.
- Massage it well and leave it for 20-30min.
- Wash it off with shampoo.
You will surely see the difference within the first 2 uses of this remedy.
2. Coconut oil for frizzy hair
Are you fed-up with frizzy hair problem? Tried many products didn’t get any result? Try coconut oil this time. Coconut helps to tame the frizz by penetrating into the curls.
- Heat extra virgin coconut oil in low flame.
- Do not heat too much.
- Add honey and egg yolks with oil. Mix it well.
- You can also add essential oil if you want.
- Apply this mixture on your wet hair from end to roots.
- Wrap your hair with a warm cotton towel.
- Wait 45min and wash it with shampoo.
- Apply this paste twice a week for maximum results.
3. Coconut Oil for Lice Treatment
One of the best uses of coconut oil is the treatment of lice. Coconut oil is viscous in nature. It prevents the lice from transferring into clothes and furniture. It also stops spreading from one person to another person. Coconut oil contains fatty acids like capric acid, lauric acid and caprylic acid that makes hair strands slippery and difficult for the lice to grasp and easy to comb them out.
- Mix equal amount of coconut oil, tea tree oil, and apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this mixture all over the hair and massage it into the scalp.
- Put on a shower cap and leave it on for 15min. Comb out the lice.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
(Article contributed by Mitanshi Saini)