The most common dilemma every girl faces in summers is -whether to flaunt their skin with sleeveless dress/sexy shorts or to protect their skin from tanning.Tanning is a really big issue in the hot summer days. You may be trying so many treatments at beauty parlors to get yourself 1 or 2 tones lighter, but it is tanning which will make you up to 5 times darker than you are within an hour!
Getting rid of tanning can be a costly affair as chemical treatments are not only expensive but also harmful for your skin. So here we have some selective natural remedies for you, which may not be helping to remove tan instantly like those chemicals, but will surely deliver the results after a particular time period, without any harm to your skin. So here is a list of natural & inexpensive remedies to get rid of Tanning-
(You may also be interested in Ultimate 2019 Beauty Routine | Skincare and Youthful skin)
1. Lemon Juice
1. Cut a fresh lemon. Take a slice and rub it gently on your tanned skin.
2. Allow the juice to sit for some minutes before washing it off.
3. Ensure that the part has no cuts, as lemon can give a stingy feeling on wounds.
You might also be interested inTop 10 Surprising Beauty Benefits Of Lemon For Glowing Skin
2. Cucumber Extract, Lemon Juice, and Rose Water
Cucumber has hydrating properties and can heal the skin from within. Similarly, Rose waster is also known to be a cooling agent for skin. This method would help minimize the sun burns and tan.
1. Mix one tablespoon of each of the 3 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Dab it generously on your tanned skin.
3.Wash off after an hour
3. Masoor, Tomato, and Aloe
1. Soak one tablespoon of masoor dal in water overnight and make it into a paste.
2. Add equal quantities of aloe extract and tomato paste to it.
3. Apply on affected/tanned areas of your face.
4. Let it sit for 30 minutes before using cold water to wash it off.
While Potato is the king of vegetables, it is also an excellent remedy for the suntanned skin. Potato is rich in vitamin c and hence, works as natural bleach. It also helps in the soothing of sunburnt skin.
- Peel the skin off a potato, cut it into chunks and put them in a blender to make a paste.
- Apply the paste generously all over the affected skin area.
- Let it dry for half an hour and then wash it off with water.
- For best results, you can also add some lemon juice to the potato paste.
5.Honey & Papaya
Papaya is not just great fruit-The enzymes in papaya have been put to use since time immemorial in skin whitening, renewal, and exfoliating products. Honey is known to make the skin soft and supple. Together, they make an effective tan removal home remedy.
- Mash the papaya and add honey to it.
- Blend well and apply the pack on your face.
- Leave it on for half an hour. Wash off with cold or lukewarm water for best results.
6. Turmeric & Gram Flour
- Take 4 tablespoons of gram flour.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to it
- Add some rose water and lemon juice to it.
- Ensure that the water and lemon juice is not too much or not too less.
- Apply it over your face or the affected areas
- Use at least 2 times a week for effective results
7. Oatmeal and Buttermilk
Oatmeal and Buttermilk is another super easy remedy for removing tan from difficult areas of the body such as arms, underarms, thighs, and legs. It works as a natural scrub and removes dead and dull skin by gentle scrubbing.
- Take 3 tablespoons of oatmeal in a bowl, natural and unflavoured is recommended.
- Put 4 tablespoons of buttermilk in it and mix until the paste is smooth.
- Massage it on the affected areas in circular motions and let it dry for half hours
- Wash it and moisturize with a moisturizer
- Perform it 2 times a week for instant results.
8.Yogurt and Orange juice
Orange juice is another excellent remedy for fighting off tanning. In summers, we should consume orange on a frequent basis as well as apply it as a suntan remedy. The skin of the orange is being used as a natural scrub since ages and provides excellent results. Yogurt, in turn, helps in hydrating the skin, which became dull due to sun rays.
- Take some orange juice in a bowl.
- Mix equal quantity of yogurt to it.
- Make a smooth paste of it and apply on the tanned part of the skin.
- Use this remedy daily for smooth, fresh and glowing skin.
So these were the common and most effective remedies for Tanning which will be helping you to naturally remove the Tanning. But you need to have the patience for it to work!
Did these remedies help you out? Do you have any of your own tried and tested sun tan remedies?
Let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from you!