“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. This is a famous proverb everyone must have heard of during your younger days. After depending too much on chemical laden products, people have not started getting back to older ways of getting skin nourishment, that is using fruits not just to eat but also for applying on the skin for a glowing and radiant looking face.
The ancient women always used the homemade fruit remedies for their skin problems as well as for the glow and nourishment for their skin. The new generation is now understanding the importance of fruit remedies, and now are getting back to using homemade remedies for their skin. Here are some of the fruits remedies which you can use along with the reasons why they are good for your skin-
1. Banana for glowing skin
- Banana is rich in potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and moisture. If applied on the skin, it ensures healthy growth and glowing skin.
- It can be used in different ways. One way is by making a mask by combining banana pulp and a teaspoon of honey and lime and then applying it on the face. This mask combines the benefits of banana along with lime which acts as a bleaching agent and clears out acne and honey which is an anti-bacterial, preventing acne and it also moisturizes the skin.
- You can also rub the inside of the banana peel on the skin, it brightens the skin, fights acne and wrinkles.
2. Lemon for Scar-Free Skin
- Lemons are rich in Vitamin C and citric acid and so it acts as a bleaching agent; thereby making skin lighter and brighter. It also contains lutein which strengthens the skins anti-oxidant system.
- You can gently rub your face with slices of lemon and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. After this remove the lemon slices and let the juice sit on overnight. Next morning, rinse with water for glowing, brighter skin.
- Lemon and egg whites put together and then applied on the skin can help fight severe acne.
- Honey, tomato, and lemon can also be used to remove blemishes from your skin which leaves your skin freckle-free.
3. Cucumber for Hydrated skin
- Rubbing cucumber is extremely useful because it removes extra oil from the skin. It also improves the texture of the skin, acts as an anti-inflammatory and reduces freckles because of Vitamin C present in cucumbers.
- You can simply put cucumber slices on your face like a cold compress or juice it and apply the juice on your face for 20 minutes.
- You can also combine cucumber and Aloe Vera and apply the paste on your face.
- These masks help your skin become lighter and brighter, tightens the skin, evens the tone and hydrates and moisturizes your skin.
4. Watermelon for refreshed skin
- Watermelon is rich in water content. It is also rich in Vitamin B6, A, and C. It is also full of lycopene and amino acids and acts as an antioxidant and boosts the immune system.
- Watermelon can be eaten for better, glowing skin. But apart from that, the inside of the skin of the watermelon helps to remove blemishes from the face. It keeps your skin glowing and refreshes your face!
- Rubbing watermelon juice or the fruit itself on your skin helps to moisturize your skin, reduces acne and oiliness, enhances new skin formation, boosts the production of collagen and makes you look younger!
5. Strawberries for acne free skin
- Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C, folic acid which aids regeneration of cells and helps to eliminate toxins from your body.
- One of the best masks you can make is by combining strawberries with a little honey. It helps to fight impurities and acne. You can also blend strawberries with yogurt to be free of oily skin for a while.
- Strawberries can also be mixed with lemon to lighten pigmentation marks on your skin and reduce tan.
6. Mango for Oil-free skin
- Mango is an excellent source of Vitamins A, C, E, and B6. The skin of the mango is also highly nutritious.
- Make a paste using mango, honey, and milk and rub that face gently on your skin for exfoliation. Just combining mango and honey is also an excellent means to reduce tan and fight sunburns.
- Mango pulp mixed with curd and honey is also an excellent way to get rid of acne and oily skin. It makes your skin looking vibrant and glowing.
7. Papaya for rejuvenated skin
- Papaya, being a great source of papain, Vitamin A and many proteins, helps rejuvenate your skin and keeps it looking radiant and glowing.
- Papaya pulp can be combined with lemon to brighten, lighten and keep your skin glowing and beautiful. A paste of papaya and honey can be applied on the skin and acts as a deep moisturizer.
- Papaya can also be combined with egg whites to maintain skin tone and tighten the skin.
- Papaya and orange pulp can also be used to get rid of oily, sticky skin.
8. Grapes for spots free skin
- Grapes are rich in Vitamin C and anti-oxidants. They are good because they protect the skin from UV rays and reduce dark spots and wrinkles.
- Simply smashing grapes and applying the pulp on your skin tightens your pores and reduces acne.
- Combining grapes, lemon and curds improve the texture of the skin and makes your skin glow.
- Grapes can also be combined with honey to brighten the skin and it can be mixed with carrot juice to improve the elasticity of the skin and tighten your pores.
9. Avocado for nourished skin
- Avocado is an excellent means to nourish and moisturize the skin. It is rich in vitamin E, potassium and fatty acids which moisturizes the skin.
- To fight acne, making a paste of avocado, honey and curd is extremely useful. It can also be used to reduce dry skin.
- Did you know that oatmeal is also good for your skin? Combining oatmeal and avocado pulp keeps your skin hydrated and moist.
- To those who have oily skin, making a mixture of avocado, banana and egg yolk would reduce the amount of oil because those three ingredients when combined, absorbs excess sebum from your skin.
(Article contributed by Nicole Serrao)