Everyone knows benefits about glycerin, rose, aloe-vera, coconut but do you know Multani mitti(Fuller’s earth) also have amazing effects on the skin? Multani Mitti, also knows as fuller’s earth is a clay-like material. It is consist of rich minerals like magnesium, silicon quartz, calcium, iron, calc, te and dolomite. It is much of a shock to us to know this inexpensive remedy has dozens of benefits for our overall beauty.
Multani Mitti is used in many beauty products as well as remedies. It has the capability to decolorize oil or other liquid without chemical treatment. It is not only in beauty product but also as a filler in paint, plaster, pharmaceuticals and in many products. It is also known as whitening clay and bleaching clay.
Following are the Benefits of Multani Mitti-
1.Multani Mitti for glowing skin
Multani Mitti not only removes the dead skin but also gives an instant glow on face. It removes all the impurities from the skin by unclogging your pores. The great advantages of Multani Mitti are after using it lotion or serum is absorbs fast in the skin due to its boosting efficiency.
- Make a paste of Multani Mitti, tomato juice, sandalwood powder. Mix it properly.
- Add some turmeric powder. You can also add essential oil.
- Make sure your paste is smooth. Apply it on face
- .Leave it till dries.
- Wipe it off with a damp towel.
- Rinse your face with warm water. Use this paste daily for a better result.
2. Multani Mitti for oil control
Multani Mitti not only removes dead skin but also regularize oil production for both oily and dry skin. It also nourishes skin. It helps skin to prevent dirt which sticks on the skin due to oily skin.
- For oil, skin makes a paste of Multani Mitti, sandalwood powder, and rose water.
- For dry skin make a paste of Multani Mitti, sandalwood powder, and curd.
- Apply it on your face. Leave it till dries.
- Wash it off with warm water. Apply this paste daily before going to bed.
3.Multani Mitti for blemishes
Multani Mitti not only fights with acne but also fades the blemishes. It contains magnesium oxide which used to fade acne and blemishes. It also prevents skin from pigmentation.
- Add lemon juice with Multani Mitti.
- Make a smooth paste. You can also add some rose water.
- Apply the paste on face. Leave it till it dried. Avoid paste on eyes area and mouth.
- Wipe it with a warm towel.
Apply this paste thrice a week for best results.
4.Multani Mitti to fade scars
Are you fading up with scars of your body? It’s very difficult to remove scars from the body but it’s not too hard to remove it. Multani Mitti helps to fade the scars from the skin. It not only fades scars but also repair the skin and make skin glowing.
- Make a paste of Multani mitti and carrot pulp.
- Add some olive in it. Clean your affected skin with warm water.
- Apply the paste on the affected area. Leave it till dries out.
- Wipe it off with a towel.
Apply this paste twice a day. It will give you the best results within six months.
5.Multani Mitti as a body wash
No doubt that we have tons of products for body wash. Yet the harsh chemical products can damage the skin. For people with delicate skin, using Multani Mitti daily as a body wash will not only clean the skin but also exfoliate too without any reactions. It also helps skin to give even complexion.
- Make a powder of oatmeal, neem powder, white Chandan, turmeric powder, gram flour, and Multani Mitti. Make sure powder is mixed well
- Store the powder in the airtight container.
- Replace your daily soap with this powder.
- Daily scrub your body up to 5min with this powder.
- Rinse it off with warm or cold water. Use this powder daily.
6.Multani mitti for blood circulation
Blood circulation is very important for skin. People usually go to a spa for a massage so that there is blood circulation in their body. You can improve your blood circulation at home by usingMultanii mitti. It improves blood circulation by simulating your skin
- Make a smooth paste of Multani mitti, gram flour, and essential oil.
- Apply it on the body. Massage it well. Leave it for 20min after the massage.
- Wipe it with warm water.
- Use once a week for good blood circulation.
7.Multani mitti as a relief from the Heat
Nowadays, due to increasing temperature, skin burns and redness frequently appears on the skin. Multani mitti has excellent cooling properties. It cools the skin and gives quick relief from sunburns. If you live in a hot region you must try Fuller’s earth.
- Make a smooth paste of multani mitti and cold water.
- Apply it any part of the body. Leave it for 30min.
- After it dries out to wash it with cold water.
- Avoid using it on the chest and neck area because it may cause a respiratory problem.
8.Multani mitti for Blackheads and Whiteheads
Multani Mitti can be used as a scrub to get rid of irritating and ugly blackheads and whiteheads. It purifies skin and cleans the skin’s deep layers.
- Make a paste of multani mitti, rose water and coarsely ground almonds.
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- Scrub the affected area for 7-9min. Wash it with warm water.
- Apply daily this paste for better results.
- You can put this paste in the refrigerator. But make sure it is put in airtight container.
Things to be remember
- Always keep paste away from sunlight
- Make sure it is but in the airtight container or in refrigerator
- If there is any burning sensation don’t use it.
- Always use good quality of Multani mitti.
- Do not eat because it can create stone in the kidney.
(Article contributed by Mitanshi Saini)