We eat kiwi daily in our routine life. But do you know there are amazing effects of kiwi on the skin? We all buy expensive serum and cream which contain rich nutrients like vitamin E and vitamin K. Kiwi has a high source of vitamin so why not go to natural instead of using harmful chemicals the on skin?
Kiwi is originally from China. It is also known as Chinese gooseberry. It also recognized as the national fruit of China.
In 1963, the kiwi was first introduced in India. Kiwi has a bright green color and a high source of vitamin C. It is full of other nutrients like vitamin K, vitamin E, potassium and folate. They also have a lot of antioxidants. They are a good source of fiber. Kiwi not only promotes good health but also protect the body.
Now let’s discuss the benefits of Kiwi for skin-
1. Kiwi keeps skin firm
As age increases, our skin starts losing its firmness. Many people go under surgeries to treat it but instead of going into surgery you can maintain the firmness of skin by using kiwi regularly. In kiwi, production of collagen is more because of the presence of vitamin C. Collagen is a made up of protein which keeps the skin firm. It also helps skin from healing cuts. It also prevents skin from becoming rough and dry.
In order to use kiwi for maintaining skin firmness, all you need to do is-
- Blend the kiwi and mix it with yogurt.
- Apply this mixture on your face.
- Massage gently on your face for 5min and leave it for 20min.
- For the best result apply twice a week.
2. Kiwi controls excess sebum production
Many girls face the problem of acne, oily skin, blackheads, whiteheads, etc because of excess sebum production which is created due to hormonal changes. This excess sebum production can be treated using kiwi. Kiwi control sebum production on the face.
- Make the pulp of kiwi.
- Add the mixture of pulp with lemon juice.
- Apply it on a face.
- Leave it for 15min.
- Massage gently on face and remove it with cold water.
- Apply this paste thrice a week.
3. Kiwi rejuvenates skin
Kiwi contains the antioxidants which help to rejuvenate the skin. Antioxidants fight with free radical damage of skin and make skin feel young and glow. Kiwi helps the skin not only from dryness but also removes the dead cells from skin that makes skin looks so younger. Kiwi is full of vitamin which helps the skin for boosting and rejuvenating.
- Mash the half avocado and a kiwi.
- Blend this mixture until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add one teaspoon honey and mix it well.
- Apply this paste for 15min and wash it off with cold water.
- Apply this paste thrice a week you will get instant result.
4. Kiwi is a great remedy for anti-aging
Wrinkles, age-spot, and fine-lines are increases as aging happens. Many products are available in the market for the treatment but they are very expensive. Try kiwi as it will not only help you reduce aging but also make skin glowing. In kiwi, antioxidant are present which are very strong. They make skin tight.
- Soak few almonds overnight.
- Make a paste of the almonds on another day.
- Mash some kiwi and add it with gram flour. Add the paste of almond in it.
- Blend this mixture well.
- Apply this pack on the face.
- Removes until it dries out. Wash it off with cold water.
- Apply this paste daily for a better result.
5. Kiwi is good for skin brightening
As we all know that kiwi is very good in taste. Let’s use this taste to promote skin fairness. Vitamin C helps to lighten the skin tone. It also helps to lighten the pigmentation.
Make a scrub by using kiwi paste, lemon juice, and oatmeal. Add a few drops of kiwifruit seed oil. Stir it well to form a paste. Apply this paste on the skin and massage it for 5min. Wash it off after 20min with normal water. Apply this scrub thrice a week. It will give you the best result in one month.
6. Kiwi can help eliminate dark circles
Due to our busy schedule, we forget to take care of our eyes this lead to the dark circles. Many products are available in the market which claims to reduce the dark circle but they do not give an efficient result. Try kiwi it will give you the best result.
- Cut the fine slice of kiwi and place it on the eyes.
- Relax your eyes for 10 to 15min.
- Remove the slice and wash with cold water.
- You will relax and it will give you the best after the procedure.
7.Kiwi for rehydrating skin
Dehydration creates many skin problems. Your skin looks older because of dehydration. Kiwi helps to rebuild it and make it look younger. It makes skin soft and bright. Kiwi is rich in water-soluble which make skin look younger.
- Mash the kiwi pulp.
- Mix it properly with banana.
- Add some yogurt and blend it well.
- Apply it on face and neck.
- Leave it for 20-30min.
- Wash it with warm water.
- Apply this mask daily for a better result.
8.Kiwi for pink lips
Kiwi gives a very soothing effect on the lips. It contains natural exfoliates which helps to get rid the dead cells of lips. It helps to remove the problem of dryness. It contains vitamin C and polyphenols which helps to get nourishes chapped lips and lighten the dark lips.
- Make a paste of mash kiwi, honey, gram flour, and lemon juice.
- Apply it on lips and massage in circular motion for 5min.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Use this as a scrub daily it will give you the effective result.
Things to remember while using kiwi on skin
• Always buy good quality of kiwi.
• Do not use overripe kiwi.
• Kiwi should be fresh.
• Do not use rot kiwi.
• Always keep paste in the cool place like the refrigerator.
• Never keep paste more than two weeks.
(Article contributed by Mitanshi Saini)